McAllister Towing is a family owned company which offers its employees an exciting and unique opportunity to develop both professional and personal skills.
McAllister Towing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the work place and prides itself on its employees. Whether you are looking for a position aboard one of our state-of-the-art tugs or at one of our shore-side facilities, working at McAllister will give you sense of accomplishment and pride as your career grows with a leader in the maritime industry.
To apply or view our open job positions please (click here).
Contact the recruiter if you have further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job postings and events are also posted on the Recruiter’s LinkedIn page:
Open seas, a challenging career, great pay and benefits, job security; at McAllister towing, your future is on the horizon!
Compensation and Benefits
- McAllister’s benefits program is unsurpassed! As an employer, McAllister is proud of the opportunities and advantages it offers to its employees. McAllister has a long-standing commitment to provide high-quality employee benefits and programs that meet the needs of our diverse community. We offer competitive salaries, team oriented working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision - $40/month for Single and $90/month for Family (extra $40/month for smoking)
- Company paid Life Insurance.
- We encourage employees to pursue job-related educational opportunities and we have developed a tuition assistance program to assist all McAllister employees. The company has also developed a ground breaking, in- house education program called Tugboat U. Upon completion of the Tugboat U Program, you will receive either a 1600 ton Near Coastal Mates License or a Limited-Oceans Assistant Chief Engineers License. Successful completion of the professional license section also makes you eligible to take an accredited, online Associates Degree Program.
- McAllister Towing participates in the E-Verify program. For more information on the E-verify program (click here)
Conditions of Maritime Employment
To be considered for employment on any McAllister vessels, all applicants must meet the following conditions of employment:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Possess and maintain a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), issued by the United States Coast Guard to mariners sailing aboard all U.S. Flagged Vessels.
- Merchant Mariner Credential application: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/applications_forms.asp
- Click here for the Center closest to you: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/rec_information.asp
- Possess and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- TWIC application site: https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp
- Frequently Asked Questions http://twicinformation.tsa.dhs.gov/twici nfo/faqs.jsp
- Drug free and submit to urinalysis in accordance with the Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Submit to and pass a USCG Merchant Mariner Physical issued by an approved company vendor.
- September 3, 2014: Military 2 Maritime Job Fair – Houston, TX (1300-1700)
- September 18, 2014: Joint Base Langley Eustis Military Job Fair – Newport News, VA (1000-1400)
- October 8, 2014: Kings Point Career Fair – New York (1200-1700)
- October 14, 2014: SUNY Maritime Career Fair – New York (1200-1600)
- October 16, 2014: Maine Maritime Academy Career Fair – Castine, ME (0930-1500)
- October 24, 2014: Texas A&M Maritime Career Fair – Galveston, TX (1000-1400)
- November 6, 2014: Massachusetts Maritime Career Fair – Buzzards Bay, MA (1600-1900)